Here is a YouTube video (thanks to Bernie Wunder) of the fuel flow test on
12/30/11 after replacing the mechanical VW fuel pump and installing a check
valve to permit the Facet electric pump to prime the mechanical pump and
perform as a back-up fuel pump.  I also fixed the oil leaks at the valve
covers.  Got the oil temp up to 160 F.  Now I have to fix the oil leaks at
the oil filter bracket fittings.  Mark Jones, I now know how you feel about
that.
Just listen to the music...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YqYaJViIFM&feature=youtu.be
After warm-up we made a tail dragger of it to test fuel flow at max angle of
attack, full throttle and min fuel.  Either pump delivers 21 to 23 gallons
per hour; I would never have believed those skinny 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch
hoses could deliver that rate at less than 5 psi.  That should satisfy the
Feds.  Both pumps are each rated for 30 gallons per hour free-flow.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net