I used the stock VW cooling shrouds ($23 at Performance VW store).  These
shrouds fit any size VW engine.   I made a fiberglass duct for each side
from the cowl front to each shroud.  Be sure to install the Cool Tins also.
My thinking is: If it has worked for millions of VW Beetles, it ought to
work for my VW engine installation.  Ground runs keep about 350 degrees F on
all four cylinders.  Have not flown yet; your results may vary.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/expercraft/sidwood/20665890934ab16f0f36bca.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/expercraft/sidwood/8620959324ab16f0f41a6f.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/expercraft/sidwood/2515593214a29ac55a01d0.jpg

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

Does anyone have a good pattern (or a disgaurded set) of engine baffels to
fit a 1834 vw with the Diehl cowl?