Today I mailed the airworthiness inspection application to the FSDO for
N6242.  The EAA amateur-built certification kit had the check list and
sample forms filled in to show exactly what information to enter and boxes
to check (and not check).  That really takes the mystery out of the process.
The kit also has the stainless steel data plate and required decals.  Priced
separately these items are worth more than the kit price ($12.99 for
members)
http://www.shopeaa.com/amateur-builtcertificationkit.aspx
I highly recommend the kit for registration and certification help.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net