RE: carbon fibre protector
Mark Langford, et al, posted to not have carbon fiber in the tail of the KR if
you're going to run your antenna there, due to the interference with the radio
transmition and receiving.

"the things you learn on the KRnet!"

Would it work, if a small container was made from carbon fiber that enclosed
your  credit cards which have the card's information available to receptors at
bank machines that will automatically read your card? My passport has this
action as well and I would like to protect the info on my cards and passport
using a small envelope of carbon fiber; perhaps with a thin layer of epoxy to
keep the ends from fraying.

Gary - Canada