 From: Craig Williams <kr2seaf...@yahoo.com>
To: K Rnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 10:01 AM
Subject: KR> Using your car GPS in your plane

Just an FYI

I tried this with my Garmin Nuvi and it works pretty good.  If you don't have
the money for that new Ifly 720 this is better than nothing.  The video does
not go into the other data pages available on the Nuvi but other things I have
tried is to pull up the air transportation page and it shows all the airports,
how far and what direction to get there.  GPS speed and time to destination as
well as time since nav start, direction to destination if you use the off road
mode, current LAT,LON and GPS altitude.  Pretty cool.

http://www.wimp.com/gpsairplane/

Craig
"on hold while I move"