Hello Everyone;

Any advice or commentary is appreciated.

I recently upgraded by Revmaster 1835 to a 2100cc on my KR-2.   Once the engine
was reinstalled I took the magneto off for inspection.   Once off I notice that
my bendix  S4LN magneto was firing oddly.   When the impulse coupling snapped
it
would fire on 2 and 3 leads.  I took it apart and found carbon trails on the
gear .  I purchased the necessary parts (block distrib. and gear distrib.) and
put it back together and now when the impulse coupling snaps it fires on only
one lead.

However .. when I reinstalled the magneto onto the revmaster accessory case and
put cylinder #1 at Top Dead Center (TDC) the impulse coupling snaps and magneto
fires approximately 65 degrees after TDC (as I turn the prop).  This leads me
believe that I either mis aligned the gears in the magneto... or revmaster
during the rebuild installed the magneto coupling on the back of the crank 60
degrees off (ahead).  This coupling in the back of the crank has 6 bolts (12
pt.) which if taken off and moved one bolt hole forward (left) ... I assume
would allow me to advance 60 degrees (360* / 6 bolt holes =60*)  which I could
then correct to 65 degrees by adjusting (turning) the magneto.   Unlike the
slick magnetos which I believe could be rotated, the bendix magnetos have
affixed mounting brackets which forces you to mount the magneto in
approximately
the same way that you took it out.

My question:   how do I get the magneto to fire at TDC?

Any thoughts or experience on this ?

Best regards,

Marc Baca
East L.A.