Maybe you are referring to the number of experimental aircraft being low?
Aviation News reports record number of people.

  News of the day
        * Sun 'n Fun airshow sets new record for attendance
Attendance at the Sun 'n Fun fly-in and airshow in Lakeland, Fla., hit a record
this year. "Our gate traffic for Friday alone was a record in the 38
years we've been putting on Sun 'n Fun," Sun 'n Fun President John
Leenhouts said. The airshow for general aviation pilots and other pilots
concluded Sunday. Bay News 9 (Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.)(4/1) ????

DC
Bothell, WA