Could I get some advice on a few things?
I recently removed the nose gear from my project and will be going
conventional. HEY!!
1-I flipped my Diehl main gear around to the front of the spar. Doing
so puts my breaks in front of the wheels. I looked into flipping them
around but will require re-drilling them. Is there a problem with
leaving them in front of the wheels or should I bite the bullet and
re-drill them and put them behind the wheels?
2-With the mains flipped around, now the metal mount which bolts to
the spar is almost touching the fuselage and the other side is about
1/4" out. Is this a problem with balance of the bird? How far out from
the fuselage should or can the gear be mounted? My thoughts are to
move both mains out about 2" from the fuselage which would provide
room for the root rib.
3-I have noticed too that the brake disk which bolts to the inside of
the wheels wobbles causing it to scrape the bolt heads attaching
everything to the leg. Any ideas?
Bob in Frazeysburg Ohio