I used Delrin pads between the engine mount and fire wall.  These pads are
one-inch thick to move the engine forward one inch for CG balance.  The pads
were cut from a scrap piece using a 2-inch hole saw.  The 1/4-inch hole made
by the hole saw pilot was then drilled out for the engine mount bolts.  I
got the Delrin sheet from a welding shop.  They use the Delrin sheets to
line the bed of dump trucks so the gravel and hot asphalt will not wear out
the steel bed.  Wikipedia lists the melting point at 175 degrees C.  Delrin
is super tough and hard; don't look for any rubber cushion with this
material.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

Having now checked everything after the overturn, I'm soon to start
reassembling the engine mount / engine to the airframe.

My aircraft has rubber pads between the engine mount and the firewall. These
have hardened and split and obviously must be replaced ..... or discarded.

Question. Is it normal to have rubber pads (about 1/8 inch thick) between
the engine mount and the firewall? The engine mount  frame has rubber bushes
through which the engine mounting bolts pass. Do I also need a pad at each
mounting at the firewall?? If so, will some form of rubber reinforced mat
cut to shape do the job?

TIA

Martin Pearce