I didn't see anyone respond to this.

I think the easiest way to duplicate a tip would be to use one of those
moulding duplicators and make a "rib" for any "station" along the planform,
then just flip each rib 180 deg. Strictly a manual process but you can
duplicate any shape, concave or convex.

The moulding duplicator looks like a sort of comb with teeth on both sides,
except these teeth don't have gaps. They are essentially pins held in a
single row by a handle of sorts. You press it against the shape you want
and you have an inner copy of the shape on one side and an outer copy of
the shape on the other side. Basically take an impression of the shape ever
inch or so and transfer the pattern to stiff plastic "ribs" you can use to
check your shaping.

There are other practical ways to do this with out this device but I think
you should be able to find this device at almost any hardware store. You
can also do this with a compass (circle drawing device) or dividers...the
same way a cabinet maker scribes the surface of a wall to a cabinet so you
can make the cabinet fit an undulating or otherwise irregular wall
precisely.

Phill Hill
Collinsville, IL