I've got the mount jig built and ready to start fitting the 4130 steel that I
got from Wicks Aircraft.
The original mount was so close to the firewall that you had to undue the mount
bolts and slide the engine forward to pull the starter off and that was with a
3/8ths" aluminum spacer. The battery was mounted on the floor under my knees to
get the weight forward and with two people in the plane it was tail heavy with
full fuel untill you burned some off from the wings. So I think moving the
engine forward will only help the weight and balance.

Of those who have the Cont. O-200 engine mounted in their plane, how far
forward of your firewall are the face of your engine mount bushings? Mine will
be 11-1/2" per the plans Jeff sent me. The old mount was about 10 or 10-1/2"
without the 3/8ths" spacers.

Dan.