No, this wasn't me... Wasn't a KR...

But I got to watch a very nice Cessna twin go up in smoke because the
pilot landed gear-up into dry grass today, while I was working on my KR...

The landing itself wasn't bad - would have been just fine if the wheels
were down. Pilot & passenger got out on their own...

The friction from landing gear-up, or possibly contact between dry grass
& the exhaust started a grass fire under the plane, and the interior
caught on fire (appeared to start behind or below the instrument panel)
while waiting for the FD to show up....

This was at a small airfield, the office was closed for the day, and the
only fire-fighting equipment available was a single extinguisher over by
the fuel pumps (just enough to put out the fire under the wings - in the
interest of preventing a grass fire from becoming a grass/fuel fire)...
The pilot left his... In the plane...

Notables:
1) Don't land gear up....
2) If you do have a crash landing, and you can safely do so,
master-off/fuel-selector-off on the way out the door...
3) Fire extinguishers do not good when left inside whatever it is that
eventually catches fire...