At 10:37 AM 10/14/2012, you wrote:
>Piper uses another master-cylinder... I've never seen the system Cessna
>uses up close

The Cessna systems I've seen in their small aircraft use a "locking
tab" that is actuated by a cable / spring assembly.  This tab is
similar to a washer that surrounds the shaft.  When the brakes are
depressed, the cable / spring assembly pulls the tab to a position,
via a knob on the panel, that locks the shaft in the depressed
position.  It binds the shaft and keeps it from returning to the home
(off) position.  Really quite simple.  I've seen another "homebuilt"
lock that use a "tee" on a long handle to lock toe actuated
brakes.  The brakes are depressed, then the tee on the end of the
handle is inserted between the toe pedal  and the supporting
tubing.  I guess it worked for that builder.  I'm guessing chocks are
still the lazy way out. :-)

Larry Flesner