Go take a look at a sat photo of the runway (52F).  He was concentrating on
hitting the leading edge of a displaced threshold.  Why is it a displaced
threshold???  Because there's a road there on private property!  The pilot was
a student pilot.  If one had to draw a conclusion based on this scant bit of
information, I would say that there had not been sufficient emphasis on what a
displaced threshold means in his initial training.  Was the driver at fault as
well?  Perhaps.  The road was painted with the word stop, but apparently there
were no signs saying to look for aircraft or any stop signs.  If one looks at a
photo of the airport, you will note that both ends of the runway have displaced
thresholds for roads.  If that's the student pilot's home airport, he should
have known better than to drop down onto a displaced threshold.  If he didn't
know better, his instructor missed it in his training.

-Jeff Scott