(quote) The Thurston County Reusable Materials Exchange (/quote)
Sounds like what we used to call a "junk yard", oh how times have changed.

Well anyway, my post about that engine mount was a mistake on my part, I
intended for it to go only to Jeff Scott who sent me the plan sheet files. Then
I saw it pop up on the KRnet and realized what I had done but it was too late
to do anything about it.

No, I'm not an expert by any means but I have built a couple of KR mounts. I
don't have a welder so I farm that out to a local certified welder that does
beautiful work at $45 an hour.
So by the time you buy the materials/shipping and pay for the welding your
talking in the neighborhood of $300 plus or so.

I only work on things when I feel like it and that's why it takes me so long,
but when I do feel like it, I do a really good job as my wife has found out
many times.

I can take pictures (I like doing that) of the building jig and post them on
Photobucket for everyone to see if anyone would like but I don't intend to
build anymore mounts.

You see, It broke my heart when I crashed O"Blue but I new crying wouldn't do
any good (but I did). So it helps my emotions to repair and rebuild it, I'm
just not in a hurry.

I have been a pilot and flown from 1982 to the present with a few hundred hours
so I don't have "Buck fever" anymore and really I just enjoy building and
rebuilding. So If I live long enough, I intend to remake O'Blue. I have all of
the wood structure built and ready to remount the Cont. O-200-A engine. The
major difference will be the new AS5046 airfoil.
I think I will be reusing most of the original parts unless I update to more
modern instruments and such like a glass cockpit.

Good luck with your projects.
Dan.

---- Craig Williams <kr2seaf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey Dan

Now that you're an expert mount maker, any interest in doing another?  I need
one for my 2S and have been waiting to see if someone parts out a project first
but since that has not happened I will need to buy one soon.

Craig