I had Jet Hot coat the exhaust system for my Rotax 503.  Within just a few
months, small bits of rust appeared throughout the whole surface of the
coating.  I know little about the process, but it looked like they didn't do a
good job of prepping (cleaning?) before applying the coating. Given the cost -
next time I'll look for someone locally to do the job.

Ed Janssen

Steve Bennett had the exhaust coated with Jet Hot when he put the engine in my
plane and it's held up everywhere except where the crossover pipes come
together.