Mike Stirewalt wrote:

>>Wouldn't some thread locker fix this for those to whom it might happen? <<

I had 620 Loctite on it, which is pretty good stuff. The primary mechanism for the torque transfer between crank and hub isn't the bolt, (and certainly not the keyway), it's the taper joint between the crank nose and hub (and the clamping force provided by the bolt). The two didn't match precisely, otherwise it would have taken a press to get them apart (and I've done that several times too). I used coarse and then finer lapping compound for probably two hours to lap the two together for a tighter fit before reassembling again. Yep, I had to tear the whole engine down to mate them properly....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com