> Subject: KR> RPM source for use with Dynon Skyview
>
> Netters
> Need to find out what others have used as a rpm source that works with a
> Dynon Skyview. The manual I have dated September 2013 for use with firmware
> version 7 is not very specific. I know that William has suggested a flywheel
> tooth counter like the Stewart automotive. Is there any other ways to pick up
> a signal. I am using a 3.0 liter Corvair as my engine. Can I get a signal
> form the coils or the dual electronic pickups in my distributor? Any light
> that you can shed would be helpful.
> Pete Klapp

Pete,

I've not wired a Dynon, but in your case, I would assume the + side of an
ignition coil to be the equivalent of the P-lead on a magneto. The voltage on
the primary side of your coil may be a bit lower than the voltage on a P-lead,
but I would use a 30 kΩ "pull up" resistor the same as instructed to connect a
"P-lead" and go from there using the same instructions as outlined for
connecting to a "P-lead", then configure for a 6 cyl engine.  The pulse count
should be the same as any 6 cyl Continental or Lycoming firing from a magneto.

-Jeff Scott