Hey Luis,

I believe I got the same type of engine on my KR2, and the engine starts
fairly easy every time I try it. I have a electric primer, so all you need
is to turn on the master switch first, and then flip on your main fuel pump
(to see if there is at least 3psi pressure). Be sure to turn off your fuel
pump no more than 5 seconds if there is no pressure, or otherwise causing
serious damage to the pump....

At this point, you can engage the starter (assuming your mixture knob is
all the way in at rich position, and that your throttle is at around 1/4
spot). While the engine is turning, you need to push the electric primer at
about 2 to 3 seconds each time, but no longer than 4 seconds at maximum...

I have read from an email someone posted a couple of days ago regarding the
various reliability issues this Revmaster engine has, however I am not sure
if those issues have been resolved by the manufacturer, and if so how
reliable are these engines now in the field? Has anyone heard about any
serious accident happened due to engine failures of this type? This is one
of the reasons I wanted to install a BRS system on board, but need to know
if anyone here has already done so, and what's the cost & lessons
learned...?!

Stay home and fly safely!

Dr. F. Hsu
KAFB, Albuquerque, NM