Dr. Feng

I just read your post on the net concerning brakes and on the kr2 retract
system and seen my name listed as someone to contact concerning info about it.

Yes I converted the original drum setup bought from Rand Robinson to full
hydraulic differential  rakes while maintaining the ability to retract the gear.

I bought Matco disc brakes that easily fit on the existing wheels and they
didn’t cause any interference problems with the retraction of the gear.

I bought these. Brakes from Aircraft Spruce out of California.  I used “grease
gun flexible hoses, bought from NAMPA auto for the brake lines from the pedals
to the rotating spring bar.  I have had NO problems with the set up since
installed  back in 1992.

The grease gun hoses are rated at plenty of pressure to hold brake pressure and
were very reasonably priced (under $20.00 for two).  They also are available in
se wrap different lengths.

Let me know if more information is needed.

Signed
Parley Byington
KR-2 N54PB 1835VW turbocharged
Vietnam era veteran