way back in the late 1980s when I first got involved with KR and bought a
few parts, I'd befriended a kr-1 builder and flyer who operated his for 20
years in Ohio.  in fact I believe he is memorialized on Mark's web site.

anyway he described repainting his kr1 which could reach well over 200 mph
easily in a shallow dive he said, and after the repaint he had an incident
of aileron flutter.

he was an understated kind of guy. but he talked about not being able to
see the instruments, they were just a blur, and having the presence of mind
to neutralize the controls and simply remove the power instantly and let
the energy bleed off.

he found no damage but it was a lesson learned.