Hi Todd.

Back in November, uAvionix offered a discount and I jumped on the echoUAT &
skyFYX-EXT combo. Installation was relatively simple and it interfaced with my
old Garmin GTX320 transponder after making a few minor software tweaks to the
echo. Since then I’ve pulled a few PAPR reports
https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/technology/equipadsb and all have been
successful with no errors found by the FAA.

Points why I made this decision include ADSB 978 out and 978 & 1090 in. echoUAT
wifi broadcasts traffic and weather to my Android tablet running Avare moving
map https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avare so a single install gets me both ADSB
in & out.

Negative points are this 978 mode uses ground-based stations and is not
approved for flight outside the US. You live so close to Canada; they require
1090 mode for their satellite based system, the so-called dual diversity
system. This isn’t anticipated to be an issue for my flying.

John Bouyea / OR81/ Hillsboro, OR
N133RM KR-2S – imported, fixed & flying
www.bouyea.net/N133RM

From: Todd Thelin
>> I will need to install [ADSB] in my airplane … inexpensive and easy to
>> install set up and would like to know what other KR2 Owners have used in
>> their airplanes

…

Please pass on your thoughts.