Neville Sutton wrote:
> I read somewhere that the Plans for the KR2 will soon become open source
> and free to obtain and  to use. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Here's something I posted a few days ago:

At the moment the 3D model for the Freebird is still under development. That process is going far slower than I'd hoped. There's a guy working it, but it's not me so I don't have a lot of control it. But progress is being made, and I hope to have some 3D isometric and other views that I can send out to authors to "write to" in the next week or two. The goal is to have free plans on the web in six months or sooner. We'll create these plans in the order of construction, so we can stay ahead of even the fast builder, once we get some fuselage plans out there. I hope the fuselage drawings and instructions can be done in two months, but again, I don't have complete control over that process.

We'll use "google docs" to do the collaborative writing effort, with authors who've actually built a KR2S writing appropriate sections, and with notable improvements or alternatives. I've secured the "freebirdplans.org" domain to host the plans when finished. Maybe finished isn't the right word, as I plan to make this a living document that can be updated when good ideas come along, and long after I'm dead and gone. These plans will be far more than just plans, but recommendations on materials, sources, methods, options and alternatives of construction.

There will be NOBODY making money on this effort, just an honest effort to foster construction of these great little airplanes. The password for these sites will be shared with a few key individuals, so the plans will live on long after I "pack it in"....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL