In November 1977 the New Zealand Civil Aviation Division (as it was known then)
published a set of hand-written notes by one of their engineers (Mr H O Ewart)
describing the load testing required to clear NZ examples of the KR aircraft
for flight in this country.

Interestingly, Hugh Ewart's figures for the KR-2 were bases upon a "brochure
for KR2 states design stress loading 7g at 800lb."  My later brochure states
900lb for the KR2 MAUW.

In any case, proof testing of the wing was required and a loading schedule was
described for limit loads of both 3.8g and 6g for both KR aircraft (1 & 2), and
all New Zealand examples of that era were accordingly tested.  Some of those
aeroplanes are still flying today.

As mentioned in another post, in 1998 the UK PFA commented that there was no
stress analysis available from Rand Robinson for the KR2S so a builder engaged
aeronautical engineer Mike Whittaker to carry out such an analysis so that the
design could be cleared in the UK.  Mike's work highlighted the need for
several modifications to the structure given that the UK PFA would not approve
an increase in MAUW above 900lb for either KR2/KR2S without them.   That was
simply the position of the UK 'authority' governing homebuilt aeroplanes - many
successful examples remain flying worldwide.

Nga mihi

Kiwi