On 9/26/2022 6:29 AM, Craig Williams wrote:
  Another thing I noticed is that I am almost exclusively using differential
braking to taxi with a little pedal assist.

If you have a steerable / full swivel tailwheel with a pneumatic or semi-pneumatic  tire you should never need brakes for directional control and should be able to go full throttle early in the takeoff roll or even holding full brakes, going full throttle, release brakes and go.  I'm swinging a 60" prop with lots of torque / gyroscopic effect and only need a touch of right rudder as the tail comes up. With 30" gear legs I have more pitch change (gyroscopic effect) than shorter gear.   I'm more concerned with over control than lack of control.

On stick back.  KR2S with short (standard) Diehl legs have a very low angle of attack in three point attitude so full back stick is doable earlier in the landing roll.  If I wheel land and go full back stick before the tail drops on it's own I'm flying again.  I can also "feather" my brakes with the tail up to shorten the landing roll if necessary.   Every Kr is slightly different and you'll learn what  landing is the best, most comfortable, in yours.

Another first.  You're the first pilot that I've ever heard that did not use curse words and heel brakes in the same sentence.

Larry Flesner