Wow.  That sounds like either the pitch measurement is way off, or the engine is sick, like incorrect ignition timing.  The prop I ran on my O-200 was 62"D x 66"P.  That would turn 2700 in level flight.  I agree that 70" pitch would be a bit too coarse, but it should still turn up a lot more than 1950 rpm.

-Jeff Scott
Arkansas Ozarks

Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2023 at 7:50 PM
From: "Phillip Matheson via KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
To: "KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
Cc: "Phillip Matheson" <phillipmathe...@bigpond.com>
Subject: KRnet> Fwd: 0200 A propeller

Subject: 0200 A propeller

I have a overhauled 0200 not pulling enough static RPM
Ground Clearance is a concern, so need about 60 dia
I have a Thompson 60”d x 70 “pitch only pulling about 1950 rpm. (Using calibrated digital tach.  Should be about 2200. Static. Has had a short maiden flight. But a concern.
Engine is Continental 0200A 100 hp @  2750rpm
Would anyone have something less chunky to test please, beg borrow steal.
Phil matheson , southern NSW. Australia
0408665880

Sent from my iPhone
-- KRnet mailing list KRnet@list.krnet.org https://list.krnet.org/mailman/listinfo/krnet