I am not sure what an AA VW cylinder head is either. However, my
original GPAS heads had cracks from the spark plug hole to the valve
chamber. The material there is not much and Ive been told this type of
cracking is common.

I had never been happy with the quality of my GPAS heads and decided to
have new heads built byJoe at Revmaster. He is incredibly knowledgeable on
the VW engine and converting it for aircraft use. One look at my new
Revmaster heads made me notice the superior quality. I am not in front of
my heads at the moment and I do not know the spark plug hole size Joe put
in my heads, but it is smaller than what I had from GPAS..

Jeff York