From: KRnet <krnet-boun...@list.krnet.org> on behalf of Mark Langford
<m...@n56ml.com>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2024 8:10:00 AM
To: KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
Subject: KRnet> Anybody have a Great Plains exhaust system for sale?

I just finished up the VW engine rebuild on N891JF, and the last step was
installing the Revmaster exhaust system.  I'd never been convinced this would
be trouble free, but it's even worse than I thought.  The Revmaster stainless
exhaust system simply doesn't even come close to fitting!  The issue is that it
needs to occupy the same space as the intake system and Ellison "carburetor",
and lacks at least 3" of space before I could bolt up to the aft exhaust ports.
 It's just way too much work, if it's even possible to make all of that stuff
fit under that tight cowling, and I don't want to go there.  I've built an
exhaust system for it before, and it was very time consuming and a real PITA,
and even it eventually fell apart, but I may have to do that again......when I
have the time.  So, anybody have a spare GPASC exhaust system laying around
that you'd sell me?

Meanwhile,  I'm still without a flying machine, and have shifted my focus to
the Swift for now, as it'll be the least effort to get flying again, maybe 2-3
weeks, and really just some sanding, painting, and fairing and cowling
reinstallation.  After I get the Swift flying I'll start working on N357CJ that
Joe Horton graciously sold me, and it'll become my main plane.

Being without an airplane is kind of like being without a girl friend or a
wife......

--
Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com<mailto:m...@n56ml.com>