I just had a thunderstruck revelation as I'm thinking about this ADS-B
subject.  Needing ADS-B to fly out of my airport was the killer.   It more than
anything else is responsible for me not flying once 2020 rolled around.  From
my airport it would illegal to conduct aviation activities without it.  As John
Hammerstrand said, "You can leave . . . you just can't come back."
So . . . that's four years or more of time.
Sparky didn't have ADS-B . . . and he flew.  I guess it's legal as long as you
do it and nobody complains.  I think Sparky would tell them "Unable" and
continue on, although he mostly just stayed in the pattern.  I could have been
doing that too . . .and I love pattern work on windy days . . . so it's
actrually truly been a matter of a lack of "energy and enthusiasm" . . . as I
used to put it.
Did I already mention prop bolts?  They need to be checked before running the
engine.  Prop needs a rebalance at some point.  Check Ed Sterba's website for
the number he recommends for bolt tension.  I "think" it's 15.  Don't trust any
numbers I come up with though.
Mike