An example of how you can use mysql with deployment, service and more can
be found here:
https://github.com/fabric8io/kubernetes-zipkin/tree/master/mysql/src/main/fabric8

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Montassar Dridi <montassar0dr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Usually I create one mysql pod and connect it to my java application pod
> buy getting the sql pod ip address and replace my db_uri as follow
> jdbc:mysql://MYSQL-POD-IP:3306/ THEN THE CONNECTION WILL BE RUNNING FINE
> WITH NO ISSUE. but then I tried to create MYSQL pod using Deployments and
> replica sets following the link bellow and then when I tried to replace the
> db_uri as follow jdbc:mysql://SERVICE-CLUSTER-IP:3306/ NO CONNECTION WAS
> ACCOMPLISHED. Also I exposed my deployment with a service and used the
> following address and none of them worked
>  jdbc:mysql://SERVICE-NAME:3306/
>  jdbc:mysql://SERVICE-NAME-default.svc.cluster.local:3306/
>
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/example
> s/mysql-wordpress-pd#gce-persistent-disk
>
> How am I suppose to connect to the sql pod through the deployment service.

*Ioannis Canellos*

*Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com <http://iocanel.blogspot.com/>*
*Twitter: iocanel*