+1 to dealing with GPU's with the existing SIG's, rather than spawning a
new SIG (for all the reasons already mentioned).

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Derek Carr <dec...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I would prefer that we promote the existing resource management group to a
> proper SIG before we elevate creation of a new SIG.
>
> Prior to doing that, I would like this group to fulfill its stated
> intention in Q1 of identifying a roadmap for this year, and a mechanism to
> support custom isolation and scheduling of a non-natively managed k8s
> resource.  If at that point, we fill a need to continue the group and its
> valuable for all participants, maybe it can be a SIG.
>
> Brendan - I would love to have you participate in our next meeting (+2
> weeks)?  The agenda and meeting notes are captured here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j3vrG6BgE0hUDs2e-
> 1ZUegKN4W4Adb1B6oJ6j-4kyPU/edit#
>
> In that group, we have already presented a number of workload types (many
> that require GPU) and are trying to define a node isolation and scheduling
> roadmap to support them properly.  We are also trying to state more
> succinctly when we choose to manage a particular resource/device in core
> k8s versus look towards a custom pod isolator.
>
> Thanks,
> Derek
>

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 2:32 PM, David Oppenheimer <david...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Tim, the resource management working group is the best of
>> the three as it has folks from both sig-node and sig-scheduling.
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Tim St. Clair <timoth...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> General +1
>>>
>>> We're already deep into resource isolation extensibility and ... would
>>> love your input ;-) ping decarr on time-date of next mtg.

>>> things done
>>> on

>>> attend all

>>> brendan.d.bu...@gmail.com>

>>> these
>>> things to
>>> mention that
>>> up from

>>> think
>>> out as its

>>> .
>>> 66-4586-be70-5184064f7404%40googlegroups.com.

>>> yrxALS0eVdNM9n_bNGaXQE6sQsUmxe1%3DPnAT9nDQ%40mail.gmail.com.

>>> pQ9-bazVaMtuyJ3K%2BzYhF9xaJDbaVi2FALWDECPOTQ%40mail.gmail.com.

>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Timothy St. Clair
>>>
>>> “Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways
>>> you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all
>>> the people you can. As long as ever you can.”

> msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAHROWxQn%2Bt9AVrS2Wdk6q3Yt%
> 2B57tjNWMaJ7pqh-V%2BRQaoc5JzA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAHROWxQn%2Bt9AVrS2Wdk6q3Yt%2B57tjNWMaJ7pqh-V%2BRQaoc5JzA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Quinton Hoole
quin...@hoole.biz

  • [kubernetes... Brendan Burns
    • [kuber... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • [k... Clayton Coleman
        • ... Tim St. Clair
          • ... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... Derek Carr
              • ... Quinton Hoole
                • ... 'Vishnu Kannan' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... cmluciano
                • ... 'Vishnu Kannan' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... Derek Carr
                • ... Christopher M Luciano
      • [k... Jeremy Eder