Thanks Tim and Ahmet, that is exactly what I was looking for. I am
basically circumventing kubernetes and going straight to the minimize
backend.

Now everything makes sense.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:27 PM 'Ahmet Alp Balkan' via Kubernetes user
discussion and Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Diego Lapiduz <di...@lapiduz.com> wrote:
>>
>> The weird thing is that Kubernetes is the backend in both cases, I am
>> just using the Docker API in one case and the kubernetes one in the other.
>>

> To be clear, the statement that you're using Kubernetes backend in both
> cases is incorrect. When you eval "$(minikube docker-env)" and run "docker"
> commands, you are not using Kubernetes at all. You're directly talking to
> the docker engine provided on the Minikube instance for Kubernetes to be
> able to launch containers.
>

>> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Matthias Rampke <m...@soundcloud.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Is this difference a problem for your use case? Kubernetes does do more
>>> work before a pod starts. If you need low-latency execution you'll have to
>>> use long-running worker processes of some form. Once it's started, it
>>> should be just as fast.

>>> --
>>>

>> --

  • [kubernetes-... Diego Lapiduz
    • Re: [ku... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re:... Diego Lapiduz
        • ... Matthias Rampke
          • ... Diego Lapiduz
            • ... Warren Strange