On 2017-09-06 2:42 pm, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
On 2017-09-06 2:36 pm, Matthias Rampke wrote:
TL;DR when you set the cluster domain, this should Just Work™ in
Kubernetes 1.7+ but not before

That's good news! I'll start to look into us upgrading to a newer version.

Hmmm ... some bad news. I built a new cluster using k8s v1.7.5, and I'm still seeing the same issue:

[centos@ip-172-31-95-205 ~]$ kubectl exec -it nginx-4217019353-9w7f5 /bin/bash
root@nginx-4217019353-9w7f5:/# hostname -f
nginx-4217019353-9w7f5
root@nginx-4217019353-9w7f5:/# cat /etc/hosts
# Kubernetes-managed hosts file.
127.0.0.1       localhost
::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
fe00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
fe00::1 ip6-allnodes
fe00::2 ip6-allrouters
10.240.101.2    nginx-4217019353-9w7f5

Any idea what might be the problem / how I might go about fixing?

Thanks,

DR