Tim,

Do you have an example reference on how to do this with Kubernetes Pods?

I tried really really hard, and so far, this is what I came up with for
arguments in the pod.yaml file, and the service layer results:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kubernetes-users/B9BBECu17z0

To separate the concerns, I know this is not an issue with Docker, or
Linux, I do know that this is a problem with the way the Kubernetes Pod
specification has been defined, and I can't find an interface specification
anywhere from Google.

A detailed explanation would be of some help, because I know I am not the
first person on the plant, to want arguments to be passed.  How else would
a java program get arguments, but from the command line?  If there is some
other way to send arguments to a docker container I must know.