Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information regarding heterogeneous architectures. After a
long struggle we were able to set up a heterogeneous cluster with ubuntu
and coreos machines too. Is it possible to run kubelet and kube-proxy in
Mac OS X machines too ? Are we supposed to download the kubernetes source
and compile them to achieve this ?

Thank you.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 3:54 AM, 'Robert Bailey' via Kubernetes user
discussion and Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Sree Harissh V <vhariss...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Robert Bailey! I will look in to kubeadm phases. Are there any
>> tools like kops, kubeadm, etc to set up a heterogeneous cluster(i.e
>> kubelets running on Ubuntu, CoreOS, CentOS etc)?
>>

> You can definitely use kubeadm to set up a cluster with heterogenous nodes
> operating systems (I actually tried that the other day with Ubuntu and
> CentOS).
>
> One thing we don't have great support for yet is heterogenous
> architectures (amd64 + arm). You can do it manually today if you apply
> proper labels to your nodes and system pods and manually run a second set
> of system pods on the secondary architecture. With manifest lists coming
> soon to Kubernetes the experience should get a lot simpler in the future
> (see https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/38067 and
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/57869).
>

>> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM, 'Robert Bailey' via Kubernetes user
>> discussion and Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This was an area that the cluster lifecycle SIG recently decided that it
>>> should own, but unfortunately we haven't yet produced the documentation
>>> that you are looking for. The best that we can offer is to look at the
>>> phases in kubeadm or the kubeadm source code to see how it performs the
>>> clustering steps.

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,