Please be aware that there are semantic mismatches between how people
think about DNS resolution and how some DNS clients implement it.
Resolv.conf is somewhat under-specified in this regard.

Specifically, if you have two `nameserver` lines, which point to
servers with different information (e.g. one for kube and one for
corp), you are going to have a bad time eventually.  There's a
somewhat unstated assumption that all `nameserver` entries have
identical information, and any query can be satisfied by any server.
Some clients do not try them in order, like you might assume.

This is part of why we added stub domains at the DNS server - it
satisfies this constraint.