Hey,

yes, I think this should work for any reasonable overlay. NodePorts are
also implemented essentially in the host network namespace, so if this
wouldn't work you would not have *any* way of getting traffic into the
cluster at least as far as I can see.

Of course, the best way to find out for your particular environment is to
try!

/MR