Hola All,

I am struggling with a bug currently that I don't reaaaly know how to resolve.
In essence, my k8s master has disappeared.

Specifically, it's not available:

- Via kubectl
- In the admin panel
- To the (single) node within the cluster

All signs point to it being switched off, or separated by a network partition.
However, I'm not 100% sure how to debug such a case.

Firstly, it's a personal account -- this particular cluster is "fine" (read: I
feel stupid when people say my website is down but other than that), but I also
use these in a professional capacity, for larger workloads -- that's suuper
scary.

Secondly, it's a cluster that only runs preemptable nodes. They're way cheaper
and I don't care about small downtimes.

>From monitoring, it looks like it died on ~ April 13, 6:19 PM (I think AEST?).
>The cluster itself is fairly talkative until 2018-03-13 10:24:27 where it no
>longer logs anything further, or logs are dropped. I would guess the former --
>the incident will happen as the node gets rotated out, not when the master
>dies.

I'm kiiind of at a loss. It's all still remaining there if a helpful Google
Cloud person visits these forums (I want to understand the root cause so it
doesn't happen to other, more important accounts) -- but has anyone else seen
this?