Sorry, there are different parts that I don't follow. Why daemon set?

And fundamentally why not rebuild ok SVN changes? You can automate that.
Take into account that if you don't have different images with the code,
you can't use Kubernetes to rollback either. Or you should check in some
other way which pod had which svn revision at any moment in time, and also
handle if an SVN up fails or fails in some pods only. OIW, it can add more
problems than it solves to do that, consider it carefully.

That being said, you can use a sidecar container to update the SVN code in
a shared volume. That sounds like a good approach (in most Kubernetes
examples shown with a webserver and git, but it's the same). And you should
be able to handle restarts and that stuff fine.