Hello,

I am not quite sure if this is the right place for my question but is there a
different between the images from gcr.io and docker.io? The background for my
question is that the following code is working:

apiVersion: v1
kind: Pod
metadata:
  name: writer
spec:
  containers:
  - name: debian9
    image: gcr.io/google_containers/nginx-slim:0.8
    securityContext:
      privileged: true
    volumeMounts:
    - name: test-vol
      mountPath: /mnt
  volumes:
  - name: test-vol
    persistentVolumeClaim:
      claimName: test-claim
  nodeSelector:
    worker: eins

but when I replace the image line by:

    image: docker.io/debian:9.0

I get a CrashLoopBackOff

$ kubectl get pod
NAME      READY     STATUS             RESTARTS   AGE
writer    0/1       CrashLoopBackOff   1          5s

This is not quite important, but regardless I would very thankful if can
someone explain me the reason.
best regards
Dan