Deployments and PersistentVolumes are generally not a good
combination.  This is what StatefulSets are for.

There's work happening to allow creation of a volume from a snapshot,
but it's only Alpha in the next release.
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:03 PM Naseem Ullah <nas...@transit.app> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a similar use case to Montassar.
>
> Although I could use emptyDirs, each newly spun pod takes 2-3 minutes to
> download required data(pod does something similar to git-sync). If volumes
> could be prepopulated when a new pod is spun it will simply sync the diff,
> which will drastically reduce startup readiness time.
>
> Any suggestions? Now I have a tradeoff between creating a static number of
> replicas and creating same number of PVCs , or using HPA but emptyDir volume
> which increases startup time for the pod.
>
> Thanks,
> Naseem
>
> On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 6:07:42 PM UTC-5, Montassar Dridi wrote:
>>
>> Hello!!
>>
>> I'm using Kubernetes deployment with persistent volume to run my
>> application, but when I try to add more replicas or autoscale, all the new
>> pods try to connect to the same volume.
>> How can I simultaneously auto create new volumes for each new pod., like
>> statefulsets(petsets) are able to do it.

  • [kubernetes-users]... Naseem Ullah
    • Re: [kubernet... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [kube... Naseem Ullah
        • Re: [... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... Naseem Ullah
            • ... 'Jing Xu' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... Naseem Ullah