Hi!
Project Neon needs little or no introduction for those who have used it in
the past.For those who haven't heard of it, it provides Nightly builds of
KDE. Some time ago, the project was abandoned because of maintenance issues,
and now its back with a bang.Sort of, read on to find out ;) .

For the past 5-6 months we have been trying to ressurect Project Neon [0],
and we have been partially successful, for most part the base packages which
are required to run KDE are in the PPA, more info on what packages are
available are here [1]. Most of these packages have been compiled with all
build dependencies satisfied with the exception of KDE Bindings which is
still being packaged.Even the Qt packages have been taken from the kde-qt
branch.

Note that Neon is currently in a pre-alpha condition and might not work for
you at a particular time, this might be due to issues in KDE itself or our
packaging.If you find a packaging issue, please report it on launchpad
against the Neon PPA ( using the ubuntu-bug tool ) and any KDE bugs go into
the KDE Bug tracker.

Some of the current issues we face [2]. You can also expect Project Neon to
be completely broken during KDE's move to git, please give us some time to
fix our imports after the migration is over.

I'd like to warn you again that these are pre-alpha builds and should be
installed only by the adventurous and brave hearted.The packages are
installed in /opt/project-neon leaving your main system unharmed, and also
gives you the flexibility to remove them without fear of removing any stable
KDE packages.

Install instructions : Step 1) Add the Project Neon PPA with : sudo
add-apt-repository ppa:/neon/ppa
                             Step 2) sudo apt-get update
                             Step 3) sudo apt-get install project-neon-all [
to install the complete KDE SC release, except for bindings which are being
worked upon at the moment ] OR sudo apt-get install

                             project-neon-base ( should be available in a
few hours )
                             Step 4) Logout of Stable KDE > Choose Project
Neon in KDM > Login with your username and password. All your Project Neon
settings are stored in a seprate folder away from
                                         your stable KDE ~/.kde folder

Have fun testing these pre-alpha builds!

[0] https://launchpad.net/~neon/+archive/ppa
[1]
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/ProjectNeon/Packaging?highlight=(ProjectNeon)

[2] https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/ProjectNeon/Issues