On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Jonathan Riddell <j...@jriddell.org> wrote:
> I'm away until monday afternoon
>
> Please keep fixing those applications packages and keep reponsding to
> doko's pings about stuff that needs fixed for gcc transition
> http://qa.kubuntu.co.uk/ppa-status/applications/build_status_15.07.90_wily.html

On a related note. Since there was confusion about this earlier.

All packages listed in green (the ones I handled) here:
https://notes.kde.org/p/kubuntu-apps-15.08
have either no symbols file or a stub file. So any missing symbols are
simply because the stubs were generated on GCC4 and can be safely
removed.

And finally because it came up yesterday: to conveniently strip
MISSING lines from all symbols files in a package you can use
symbolstrip from [1] and to generate a new symbols file from scratch
you can use symbolize (heavily automated thing ontop of gensymbols).

symbolstrip is simply called in the dir containing debian/.

symbolize has --help and is usually called like so (it infers package
name from the lib name):
> symbolize -v 15.07.90 -i
> tmp/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5IdentityManagement.so.5

If someone feels less lazy then me feel free to put them in a repo somewhere.

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~apachelogger/tmp/symbol/