I'd like to tip my hat to Aaron and Olvidiu-Florin, as well as to all current
and former KC members.
I hope I can be an asset of some value to Kubuntu, my only OS pretty much from
its inception.
Clay Weber(claydoh)http://kubuntuforums.net
------ Original message------From: Philip MuskovacDate: Thu, Sep 10, 2015 3:31
AMTo: Kubuntu Developer Discussion;kubuntu-us...@lists.ubuntu.com >> Kubuntu
user technical support;Cc: Subject:Kubuntu Council re-election results
Hi folks,The nomination period for the new council members ended yesterday,
with these nominations:- Aaron Honeycutt- Clay Weber- Ovidiu-Florin Bogdanas
that matches the number of open seats, there will be no voting, so everyone
please welcome our 3 new council members.As previously announced, the
membership of the other council members will be adjusted to end one year from
now, and the new members will start a regular 2 year term.Philip
MuskovacKubuntu CouncilOn Thursday 03 September 2015 22:58:08 Philip Muskovac
wrote:> Dear community,> > as another Kubuntu Council member decided to step
down from his position> today, the council is down to 3 people which is the
minimum required amount> of members to make any decisions.> > With this, we
immediately need to elect 3 new kubuntu council members to> keep the council
functional. If this will not be possibly for whatever> reason, the council will
be disbanded, at which point we will inform you of> the further proceedings.> >
As this is a
 n out-of-schedule election and the terms of the remaining> council members
don't match, the election will proceed as follows:> > The remaining members of
the Kubuntu Council are:> - Philip Muskovac> - Valorie Zimmermann> - Myriam
Schweingruber> their council membership will be set to expire one year after
the voting> period is over.> > The new council members will start a regular 2
year term.> > As in the past, the election will be conducted using CIVS
(Condorcet> Internet Voting Service - http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html
).  The> top three ranking vote recipients will be elected.> > Schedule>
Nomination period: Now to 2015-09-09> Ballot Preparation: 2015-09-09
2015-09-10> Voting Period: 2015-09-10 to 2015-09-17> End Poll/Results
Announced: 2015-09-18> New Term Begins: 2015-09-18> > Eligibility:> All Kubuntu
Members ( https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/+members ) are> eligible to be
nominated and to vote.  If you have a public email address> in Launchpad, you
need take
 no further action to receive your voting> ballot.  If you do not have a public
email address, please contact me> offlist with the address you'd like your
ballot sent to, otherwise you will> be unable to vote.> > Nominations:> All
Kubuntu members are eligible.  The Kubuntu Council is intended to> represent
all of the Kubuntu community.  Applications from involved non-> developers are
encouraged.  If you are nominating someone else, please> confirm their
willingness to serve before nominating them.  Nominations> should be done in
public via either kubuntu-users or kubuntu-devel mailing> lists.  If there is
some extraordinary reason that precludes that, contact> me directly.> >
Commitment:> The Kubuntu Council is the leadership body of Kubuntu.  Members of
the> council are expected to be active in Kubuntu.  The Kubuntu Council has>
three primary roles: - Approve development plans for future Kubuntu> releases>
- Approve Kubuntu membership applications>  - Resolve disputes within the Ku
 buntu project> The time commitment is not large.  Meetings are generally only
once every> several months and conducted via IRC.> > Questions:> If there are
questions, you can contact me (preferably) via this mailing> list or (if really
necessary) via direct mail.  I can also be found on> Freenode IRC in #kubuntu
or #kubuntu-devel, nickname: yofel> > Philip Muskovac> Kubuntu Council--
kubuntu-users mailing listkubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.comModify settings or