https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/[1]

This plugin is easy to use and well supported (also free.)  I don't know what
kind of hacking it would take to get the plugin installed, but if you have a
Git repo with the code I could fork and a staging server we could deploy it to
for tests, I would be willing to set it up.

--
:RPC

--------
[1] https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/