Members having access to all venues of contribution was not a result
of legacy, it was a conscious decision made at the time we introduced
source code version control. We found that we trust all members to act
in the best interest of the project and work towards the same goal.

It is truly a sad day that members of Kubuntu cannot be trusted
anymore. I always looked with fondness at the fact that membership
actually meant something more than been-around-long-enough.

:(