Kubuntu 20.04 (installed when it was still Alpha and upgraded (sudo apt
full-upgrade) daily)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
Qt Version: 5.12.8
Kernel Version: 5.4.0-21-generic
OS Type: 64-bit

Muon Package Manager (muon): 5.8.0

I was not able to get to the Software Sources page (Settings > Configure
Software Sources). After entering my pwd, it updates the package caches and
returns me to the main screen. I'm not taken to the expected page.

I resolved this issue by installing ubuntu-drivers-common (sudo apt install
ubuntu-drivers-common). I came to this ‘fix’ as a result of running
software-properties-kde in a konsole. That returned:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/software-properties-kde", line 38, in <module>
from softwareproperties.qt.SoftwarePropertiesQt import SoftwarePropertiesQt
File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/qt/SoftwarePropertiesQt.py",
line 56, in <module>
from UbuntuDrivers import detect
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘UbuntuDrivers'

Before installing ubuntu-drivers-common from a konsole, I searched Muon Package
Manager for ubuntu-drivers. It showed that ubuntu-drivers-common was not
installed.

It seems that ubuntu-drivers-common is a required dependency for muon, but it’s
packaging information doesn’t identify it as such, or was so in my use case.

Paul Loughman
Do you ride a bicycle?
Come ride with Twin Cities Bicycle Club
<http://www.biketcbc.org/joomla/index.php>!