Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i really really think KVM and lhype should merge, creating KVM/HVM
> (Hardware Virtual Machine) and KVM/LL (Linux on Linux).

This is only sufficient if either KVM with paravirt Linux kernels has no
performance penalty or lhype becomes able to execute paravirt Linux kernels.

I can certainly attest that there is a lot of demand for running Linux
domains with kernels other than the one running on the hardware.  This
is Xen's bread and butter and from the albeit old numbers I've seen so
far KVM has problems competing.