Avi Kivity wrote:
> I've committed kvm support for host suspend-to-disk (and hopefully
> resume too).  This means you can suspend your machine with running vms,
> and resume it later will all vms returning to the saved state.  This
> should please laptop owners.
>
> The big ironers should also be happy as support for host cpu hotplug was
> also added as a side effect.
>
> Please test this feature!  A few testing cycles on one of my machines
> saw both Linux and Windows guests survive a suspend/resume cycle.
>
> This is available from subversion trunk, or if you don't use subversion,
> from http://people.qumranet.com/avi/kvm-r4341.tar.gz.

I pulled r4347 from SVN and built it...

I have a Dell M1210 (Core 2 Duo intel), and tried a few things, all with
a debian Etch AMD64 guest:

1) chmod'ing /dev/kvm and starting guest as local user
2) starting guest as root
3) starting guest, closing it, then suspend/resuming without unloading
the modules.
... then suspending/resuming the laptop.

Previously, I could suspend/resume with the modules loaded, but the
laptop would hardlock as soon as I tried to start up a guest.

This time, in all cases the machine did not come back from suspend, even
in case #3 where it used to come back fine. I just get a black screen
and no network activity, so I don't have any interesting troubleshooting
info. Anything I can do to be of more help?

Thanks,
-Dormando