>> The easiest thing I can think of is to have the PV disk driver show
up
>> as an actual PCI device and to use a PCI option rom to hijack the
>> appropriate interrupt.
>
>yeah that's a good plan. Being a PCI device also helps with the OS
>userspace knowing which module to load; even if the device itself never
>gets accessed.
>

>> Are you exposing the PV disk driver as a PCI device currently?
>
>Not yet; this side of things still needs work

Good idea Anthony.

Arjan, when you'll reach this part, you could take a look at the generic
PCI hypercall code that we added both to qemu and the matching driver
for Linux.
Now they only provide basic port IO but in the near future we will
integrate them with the PV network driver.

>--
>if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at)
linux.intel.com
>Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via
>http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org

>Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
>your
>opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
>http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVD
EV